Monday, October 11, 2010

My jewelry recipe book

As my business grows I find it necessary to get more organized. While in the past I could just remember how I created each design and remake it as needed, now that I have about 200 different items for sale - it's almost impossible to remember everything.
So I bought a nice big notebook and started writing down my jewelry "recipes". I made a sketch of each design with a list of materials, measurements and any other detail needed to make the design.
It felt a little strange and technical at first but I got over this feeling after realizing how much easier it has made my life. Now when I get an order I just go to my lists and all the information I need is right there, I can get to work on the design without wasting any time on recalling how I made it in the first place. I guess sometimes small things can make a big difference.

I have been working on many new receipes, preparing for the holiday season. Here are a few new design I just "cooked":





No comments: